Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Eat More Meat!

I wanted to share a total B.S. article posted about how red meat consumption leads to higher mortality rates.  Read the link below....

http://www.globalmeatnews.com/Industry-Markets/Study-linking-red-meat-to-high-mortality-under-fire

Now, time for my opinion.  This was obviously a case study done by some vegan who was against eating meat in the first place.  the data collected was sketchy at best, and in my opinion does not show enough of a correlation between eating meat and "premature death" as he puts it.

As a psychology major, I learned very quickly that you can BS your way through any case study if you work with enough test subjects.  It's our job as consumers to be educated enough to weed out these irrelevant studies when they are found.  Eating meat is healthy if, like anything else, is done in moderation.

There's my rant for the day.  feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment